Friday, May 2, 2014

Amazing Spider-Man 2

I just saw the sequel to the Amazing Spider-Man, and I have to say, I am giddy with joy.  It truly was a joy to watch.  It has a different tone to it than the first movie.  While the first movie was more about origin, about self-discovery, and taking responsibility, this one is more about consequences, about learning the truth, and about growing up.  It is, in a way, a graduation.

The characters are well written, the plot a smooth continuation from the first movie.  I need to point out that some of the romance feels a little shaky in moments, but still feels very true to the characters and the story.

Overall, yes, there are some things that are seen in the trailers that aren't in the theatrical cut, but what I love is that the trailer doesn't have all the highlights of the movie.  The trailer only shows a few of the highlights, and with over 2 hours of movie, there is plenty of edge of the seat delight to be seen.  I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite, keep on topic, and refrain from trolling.