Saturday, April 17, 2010

About this Blog

This is my review blog, where I post my musings, thoughts and opinions on movies, tv series, books... about anything printed, filmed or animated, really.

As the title suggests, I'm going to try and not be long winded about things. And I'm going to try and be as spoiler-free as possible. I'm pretty good at that.

[Edit] A film studies major friend of mine has informed me of a general rule of his, that if a film is older than 10 years, it's fair game to have spoilers. I'll keep this in mind for older films, but will try to be as spoiler-free as possible. [end of edit]

Also, you won't see me go into a lot of theory. Yes, I'm an English major, and there is Literary Theory textbooks on my shelf, a lot of which can be applied to film, and I have taken Film Studies courses when getting my B.A..... but I'm not really that good at it.

You see, I'm a writer. A creative writer. A fantasy writer, to be precise. So I'm looking at things from a storytelling perspective. I'm going to be looking at plot, dialogue, use of music (if applicable), pacing, as well as sheer special effects-awesome factor.

I will be honest and be up front about potential bias, and personal opinion, and then try to remove those personal opinions from whether or not something is good. Hey, honestly, a lot of what I like can't exactly be called "good" literature or film, and a lot of "good" literature and film I frankly do not like. However, I will acknowledge when this happens.

So.

This is my blog. If there are any movies, books, etc that you'd like me to review, please feel free to comment. I will say though, that I will not review any Horror and Erotica. I tend to shy away from Westerns and Romances, but will check them out if they seem interesting enough.


~Corina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite, keep on topic, and refrain from trolling.